Now that we had the basic frame in place, it was time to figure out how our drivetrain was going to fit inside.Â My model had the transmission behind the rear pilot, but with the hardware in front of us we figured out that we could just barely put the transmission in front of him.Â …read more
After hacking up the bicycle frames to distill them into just the parts that we’re going to use, it was time to start welding the basics of the frame together.Â I purchased 120′ of 1 1/2″ x 1/16″ wall chromoly tubing.Â Alloy 4130 for those keeping score at home.Â I’ve also got some 3/4″ tube …read more
We had a vague idea of how things are supposed to go together.Â But, eventually, we’ll have to actually do it.Â I took some measurements of the parts I was planning to use and started to put them into Google’s Sketchup.Â It has a little bit of a learning curve, but the tutorials were helpful …read more
We finished crimping in the spokes for our wheels.Â Over 196 spokes to make and then mount into the 4 wheels.Â Luckily we won’t have to do that again. We bought an old golf cart that we hope to use for steering and suspension parts.Â I threw all of the plastic away and removed the …read more
We made some great progress today on the kinetic sculpture.Â I’m going to let the pictures tell the story.
I just launched our KickStarter campaign for A Moveable Feast. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/480257067/a-moveable-feast Check it out and help out if you can!Â Thanks!